National Police Shooting Championships
September 17-21, 2016
Join us in Albuquerque, New Mexico for shooting challenges, lots of fun, and a chance to meet and shoot with law enforcement professionals from all over the United States and the world.
The Championships are open to public and private law enforcement members and select law enforcement members of the U.S. military. This is not an invitation-only match, it is not a Point Series, there are no lottery slots you have to try for, and no club slot you have to be selected for. Everyone is welcome to come to the National Police Shooting Championships, whether you just shoot one Championship match and come just for a day or shoot all of the Championship matches and join us for the entire event, NPSC Banquet and Awards Ceremony.
You don't have to be a High Master shooter to attend or do well at the Championships. In fact, High Masters and Masters make up the smallest group of shooters who attend the Championships. Like all Police Pistol Combat Tournaments, you compete against shooters in your own skill Classification level. You can even shoot as an Unclassified Shooter if you have never fired in a NRA Police Pistol Combat Tournament or hold no PPC Classification.
The Championships will kick off on Saturday, September 17, 2016 with the New Mexico Challenge for officers who work for New Mexico Law Enforcement agencies and have never fired in a PPC Match before, as well as for alumni shooters of the New Mexico Challenge from years past.
NPSC onsite competitor check-in and the NPSC Shotgun Championship will begin on Sunday, September 18. The NPSC Handgun Range will also be open on Sunday for zeroing and practice relays.
Make your plans now to attend NPSC 2016 and sign up for the Championship Package to shoot all of the Championship Matches, or choose one or more of the following: One of the two Stock Duty Gun Championships (Production Semi-Automatic Pistol Championship OR the Stock Duty Gun Division Championship), the Off Duty Championship, the Open Class Semi-Automatic Pistol Championship, the Open Class Revolver Championship, the Distinguished Semi-Automatic Pistol Championship, the Distinguished Revolved Championship, and the Law Enforcement Shotgun Championship.
More information will be posted later, so check back often. Click here to read about 2016 program changes.
Saturday, September 17
Sunday, September 18
- Statistical Office Opens
- NPSC Store Opens
- Competitor Check In and Bag Pick Up at 0830
- NPSC Practice Day
- Law Enforcement Shotgun Championship Match Begins
- Law Enforcement Safety Act Seminar (LEOSA/HR218)
Monday, September 19
- Open Class Division Revolver Championship Relays
- Distinguished Revolver Championship Relays
- Stock Service Revolver Championship Relays
- Law Enforcement Shotgun Championship Relays continue
- Law Enforcement Equipment Expo opens
Tuesday, September 20
- Open Class Semi-Automatic Pistol Championship Relays
- Distinguished Semi-Automatic Championship
- Stock Semi-Automatic Pistol Duty Gun Championship Relays: Competitors can only register to fire in the Stock Service Semi-Automatic Pistol Championship OR the Production Semi-Automatic Pistol Championship.
- Competitors Meeting at the NPSC Host Hotel
Wednesday, September 21 - Last Day of the Championships
- Off Duty Sidearm Championship Relays
- Open Class Revolver Team Championship Relays
- Open Class Semi-Automatic Team Championship Relays
- Stock Semi-Automatic Pistol Team Championship Relays: Teams can only register to fire in the Stock Service Semi-Automatic Pistol Team Championship OR the Production Semi-Automatic Pistol Team Championship.
- Law Enforcement Shotgun Championship Relays: last day
- Law Enforcement Equipment Exposition ends at 1400
- NPSC Awards Banquet in the Sandia Rooms of the Embassy Suites NPSC Host Hotel. Each competitor will be issued one FREE banquet ticket with their competitor packet.You MUST have a ticket to enter the banquet hall. Competitors may purchase additional banquet tickets for $8.00 by going to the Statistical Office beginning Monday, September 19, after 1400.
Thursday, September 22 - Post-Championship Activities
- The NPSC Awards Office will be open until 1200 for pick-up of Trophies and Prizes not yet claimed.
- Representatives from Peterson Firearms will be on-site until noon for competitors who were awarded firearms to arrange for transfer and shipment.